Built in 1922 as the 696 Peachtree Apartments then converted to the Hotel Peachtree Manor in 1947, it was restored in 1986. Hentz, Reid and Adler were the architects with Philip Shutze being named as Designer.
According to the AIA Guide to the Architecture of Atlanta:
"On the Peachtree Street facade, limestone ornaments focus on the slightly projecting central portion: a two-story arched entrance surrounded by heavy rustication incorporates a pedimented opening at its top; swags of fruit and flowers decorate the upper stairway window. The vertical thrust of this pedimented portion is counterbalanced by the stringcourse between the second and third floors and dentiled band at the top."
This condominium, now known as 826 Peachtree Street, is a stately survivor from before corporate modernism, inviting in a way that no undressed concrete could be. Look at the warm brick contrasted with the cool limestone, and above all, look at the human scale.
Worth a detour in the car or as part of a Sunday walk.